Saturday, December 12, 2009

eXPLODING Hoard Stash!

I don't know about you, but I have all manner of mess here at Deer Palace this time of year. I have ALL my yarn out in the living room behind the recliner chair for ease of access as I knit, knit, knit my fingers away. At least it is sorted into bins and totes. Wool in one, wool blends in another, acrylics in another, cottons in another...

I have stacks of fabric on the floor behind my sewing chair. My sewing table and chair are permanently set for the season in the space between the living room and dining room. Great for warmth and easy to keep ongoing projects handy. Notions, thread, scraps, zippers, scissors, measuring devices, display board, needles, tailor's chalk, pattern and idea books, and elastic all jockey for space on my table and the surrounding floor space.

The ironing board blocks the laundry room doorway. The iron blocks the door to the washer. Rubber boots for going outdoors block the door of the dryer. A stack of books on the side table blocks the light from the lamp. The exercise trampoline on the rug in the middle of the living room floor blocks the straight path to the front door. My daughter has a similar problem on her craft and play table:But, all of this is necessary for me to function in this season, in this cold, in this holiday time of year. I use the exercise trampoline 3x daily for 20 minutes each time. I bounce my way to increased circulation as I watch television. I am considering knitting while I bounce and watch television. I walk by the sewing machine and stop to sew a few stitches. I iron the fabric I am about to sew. I knit every time I sit down in a living room chair.

I am guessing there are others of you out there
with the same crazy chaos
happening at your house.

The anxiety will ensue right about
February when it is time to clean it all up and
find places for it all to go again.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I don't feel so bad about my mess now! I, too, have a little pile here, a project there, etc. The entire house has turned into a workshop...Thanks for making me feel like I am not alone, Sinclair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does it all come from? Any why can't I keep it all organized and contained in one part of the house?

    ReplyDelete