Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CHALLENGE OF A DIFFERENT KIND?

I am still working on my "destash" and "downsizing" goals. Maybe I will be forever! But I've decided that there is one thing that can help me achieve my goals sooner. I can say "No, thank you," when someone asks if I want a bunch of craft supplies! I don't do that, never have done that, have always been happy to accept whatever was given to me.  Most recently I was given lots and lots and lots of wooden craft items. Included were thread spools, flat hearts, round balls in different sizes, big spools, little spools, and who knows what all. I just took them and put them in the workroom. They are still there, in a box on the floor, and on the window sill in jars. They will soon become the property of my youngest sister who has a whole barn for her hoards and stashes!

I don't use wood that much. I have used it in the past, and maybe someday I will again, but there is no sense for me to keep all these pieces that I may  never use. I have priorities in what I like to use in my arts and crafts and the wooden things are way down on the list. So they will be given away. And I will think twice before accepting miscellaneous items in the future. My challenge...

Will it work for you?





1 comment:

  1. Well, wooden spools are a weakness of mine. I don't have very many, but I used to love to use them to build with as a child, and my daughter loves to stack and play with them as well.

    I think that declining to accept new items can be a good idea, and it is an area where I am weak. I always accept freebies as well because I just KNOW I can use them! :)

    Great challenge for a craft supply hoarder!

    ReplyDelete