Thursday, November 5, 2009

The top 10 reasons women give for hoarding fabric/yarn/beads/jewelry findings/scrapbooking supplies/(your craft supply hoarding obsession here):



10. It was such a bargain, I would be wasting money if I didn’t buy it.

9. I had to buy it, I might not be able to find it again.

8. It was my mother’s/sister’s/aunt’s/someone's-who-I-once-crossed-paths-with, and I just can’t bear to part with it.

7. My parents grew up during the depression so I grew up in a household that saved everything. (It’s my parents’ fault!)

6. I showed great restaint – I didn’t buy even half of what I wanted.

5. I’m saving it for just the right project.

4. I need to have a lot of supplies if I am going to be creative!

3. It draws attention away from my significant other’s sports card/beer stein/model car/comic book/(his obsession here) hoard.

2. When I’m suddenly snowed in, my supplies will carry me over until spring.

1. Hoard? What hoard? This is my collection!




4 comments:

  1. Love it!! I am guilty of 10,9,8,6,5,4,2, & 1. I think that makes me an almost hopeless case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Did you hide a "bug" in my house?

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Yes, almost all of those apply to me, too., and I say they are all legitimate reasons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it.
    you must have seen inside my "fabric" closet.

    ReplyDelete